This is a handprint. Variations in prints and color will occur. All of our papers are pre-trimmed. Minor irregularities are to be expected as in any hand-crafted product. Labor claims are limited and can not be allowed if the following process is not followed:
- Inspect wall covering for correct pattern, dye lot, and run number (if specified) and obvious flaws. If unacceptable, do not cut or hang! We can not accept any liability for faulty rolls after they have been cut.
- The following instructions must be followed and all care must be exercised by the installer while handling the material
- We suggest hanging 2 strips and then inspecting for any problems.
Preparing and Hanging:
This product is designed to be installed by a competent, professional paperhanger. We do not recommend installing over existing wall coverings. This paper may allow some show through – all surfaces must be smooth and sound, free of dust and peeling of inferior paint. Inferior latex paints must be cured with a product such as Gardz. New plaster must be properly cured (60-90 days) and feel cool to the touch.
- Old Walls: Remove existing wall coverings, sand. Wash and clean thoroughly to disinfect, remove adhesive and eliminate mold and bacteria. Patch and sand as necessary to achieve a smooth surface. Prime with a universal wall covering primer (T9000, Sheildz, 1-23 etc...) Do not use oil based primers.
- New Walls: Smooth, free of dust, room temperature (55 degrees F or warmer for at least 12 hours prior to installation) and properly primed as instructed above.
Use a pulp or acid free liner if necessary. Writing on the wall to aid in installation should be done with light pencil or similar color pencil to ground of wall covering. Never use ball point pen or marker as they may show through.
Adhesive & Application:
The use a of a clear premixed adhesive works best with this product. Do not use clay-based adhesive. Wheat and cellulose adhesives are not recommended. A light weight clear paste is best.
Apply an even coat of adhesive over the entire back of each strip of the wall covering. Be sure edges are evenly and adequately covered. Book the pasted sheet and allow adequate soak time (about 5 minutes) before installing. Soak time is essential to allow the pasted sheet time to relax and expand in order to prevent bubbles, wrinkles, and possible shrinkage after drying. Use caution if rolling seams.
Do not allow paste to get on the face of the wall covering. If any should get on the face, remove at once with a damp, not wet sponge using a flicking action rather than scrubbing. Blot with a Turkish towel or soft cloth. Do not wipe. Do not allow paste to dry on face of wall covering as permanent damage may occur. There may be some rub-off for dark colors.